Vendor Manager/Buyer - Amazon Fresh (Los Angeles, CA)
Interested in working on an innovative and high-impact business that is changing the way customers think about grocery? Amazon is looking for a talented Vendor Manager (VM) responsible for managing the P&L and setting the strategic direction for their business on Amazon Fresh.
The Vendor Manager (VM) will drive negotiations with consumer packaged goods companies (CPG), driving investment and funding that aligns Amazon’s interests with their capabilities. The ideal candidate is a thought leader on new initiatives with proven negotiation experience, analytical thinking, and project management skills. They stay on top of industry and competitive trends, leverage customer insights, and execute at both a tactical and strategic level. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are musts.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
· Managing a full P&L, including planning, forecasting and driving growth across their business
· Setting the goals and strategic direction for their vendors and initiatives, ensuring alignment with broader business goals
· Driving negotiations with large CPG vendors and representing Amazon when meeting with senior leaders
· Identifying industry trends and developing innovative marketing and merchandising initiatives to support growth
· Generating and implementing big ideas to drive business improvement, innovation, and scale within their categories and across the retail business as a whole
· Collaborating with cross-functional teams that support business needs, including retail systems, CX, marketing, and in-stock, to ensure processes are in place for flawless execution
The successful candidate must be a team player, be comfortable with ambiguity, communicate persuasively and be able to influence internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
· Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military experience
· 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of experience in brand management, marketing, supply chain, or relevant area such as Retail, CPG, or Management Consulting
· 5+ years of experience using Excel to analyze data to support decision-making
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent analytical skills