Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
The Aptiv Machine Learning group in Santa Monica, CA is currently seeking a Technical Recruiter to support their hiring initiatives and team development.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Be a go-to resource for all things Talent Acquisition related.
- Partner with hiring managers to assess talent requirements and execute strategies to build high-performance teams.
- Be knowledgeable about Aptiv’s business unit and teams, and attend product team meetings and function as a member of assigned technical teams.
- Source and hire for a variety of functional areas with a special focus on engineering.
- Attract passive talent through cold sourcing with a strong ability to articulate a compelling employee value proposition and relay relevant and interesting company and position details.
- Conduct initial phone interviews with candidates to assess technical skills and cultural fit; serve as lead for hiring teams in identifying best talent.
- Lead calibration meetings and drive decision making after onsite interviews, pushing hiring teams to make quick decisions.
- Keep business partners up to speed on recruitment progress through scheduled meetings and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with business rules and regulations that apply to Talent Acquisition.
- Provide a great candidate experience at every opportunity.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in technical recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to cold call and source passive talent with a passion for your craft
- Experience sourcing technical talent including software and electrical engineers.
- Knowledge of robotics, AI, and autonomous driving
- Intimate knowledge of target companies, location/relocation selling points, local networking events and outreach opportunities through professional associations
- Deep expertise of how to source using Boolean techniques, LinkedIn and other social media and internet sites.
- Experience with any modern ATS; experience using a CRM to develop a pipeline of talent
- Experience driving compliance with OFCCP and other regulatory requirements that impact recruiting.
- Ability to interact and build trust with all levels of the Aptiv organization (engineers to senior leaders).
- Ability to prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Resourcefulness, discretion, and tact.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.