Senior Womenswear Designer
At Amazon, we're working to create the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven leaders to help us deliver a great Women’s product. We are looking for a dynamic, customer-obsessed and innovative Senior Womenswear Designer to join our Amazon Private Brands team. Our Private Brands offer customers outstanding quality at great prices and we are looking for a Senior Womenswear Designer to develop dynamic and exciting products that will help customers discover our Private Brands products.
As a Senior Womenswear Designer , you bring the ability to blend high aesthetic with customer-centric design. You will create and orchestrate original design concepts across multiple categories, reflecting individual brand design philosophies, while appropriately meeting merchandising needs. You are responsible for brand continuity, capturing market trends, and ensuring alignment to Business Management briefs. You have an industry proven track record, and are comfortable executing the development process from end-to-end – all while managing cost/value requirements. You are a problem solver, with exceptional planning skills, and drive efficiency influencing the total design organization.
What you do
· Lead and execute the research and development of seasonal Womenswear collections
· Own distribution of new briefs throughout the season. Ensure all information is clearly outlined and communicated too Brand Management, Sourcing, and Design partners.
· Partner with Business teams to share information on emerging product trends to ensure synergy and consistency within each brand.
· Provide runway, marketplace, and trend reports to design team and cross-functional partners
· Clearly communicate your design methodology, grounded in consumer research innovating for the customer needs
· Work to resolve potential manufacturing and costing issues prior to development of product concepts to ensure quality execution in bulk
· Accountable for process improvement, growing business, and seeking opportunities to positively affect the Design organization and company
· Deliver relevant information with confidence and builds a strong network of relationships working between cross-functional teams
· Outstanding oral and written communication including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization
· Experience communicating with senior management and cross-functional leades
· Demonstrated ability to pro-actively solve ambiguous problem
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills. Have a sense of urgency in managing time and bringing closure to open issues
· Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
· Excellent sense of style and color
· Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills
· College degree in Fashion Design or related field
· Minimum of 8 years design experience
· Design management experience
· Ability to do frequent travel
· Manufacturing -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
· In-depth knowledge of design techniques. product construction and processes.
· Retail math
· Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain and regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to launch and scale new businesses in an entrepreneurial environment
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe software, and PLM
· Online experience