Summary of Position:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about making data accessible for technical and non-technical users. The ideal candidate has a learners mindset and a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code.
You're comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and stakeholders, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver value to users. You understand the value of working in an agile environment with continuous feedback loops to iterate and improve on team practices and processes. You prioritize team success over individual success and believe the ultimate success metric is the happiness of our users.
- 3+ years of full-stack software development experience
- Experience with various programming languages/technologies (i.e. Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Spring, Rails, Django, React, .Net)
- Empathy and strong communication skills
- Experience in training, mentoring, and/or up-skilling engineers
- Interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work, and challenging problems
- Practical knowledge of a variety of agile methodologies
Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building cloud-based enterprise software
- Experience or interest in data engineering, data science, and data processing (Spark, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience with advanced type systems
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience navigating complex organizations
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.