BloomNation is looking to hire a Sales Engineer to partner with the sales, operations, implementation and product teams by supplementing demonstrations and launch meetings with technical knowledge of the BloomNation platform. You will be the expert voice and resource to support our Account Executives, Implementation Managers and Business Development Representatives throughout the sales and onboarding process.
This includes participating in technical demonstrations, launch meetings, answering RFPs, and positioning BloomNation as the leading software solution to prospects.
The Sales Engineer will work in a highly collaborative and rapidly growing sales organization. This position is based at our headquarters in Santa Monica, CA two blocks from the beach. We’re looking for someone to join our team before we kick off 2020.
More Specifically You Will Be:
- Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the BloomNation sales team and make contributions to the Sales, Implementation, Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams
- Own pre-sales and pre-launch technical support of prospects and partners from initial contact through product demonstration and close
- Share sales and product insights and feedback with the Product Management team to facilitate new features and updates
- Work with sales team to close new business by addressing prospects’ technical challenges
- Enabling new Account Executives for success and transforming them into BloomNation experts through training and support
- Complete immersion and mastery of BloomNation's product offerings, business model, services, and emerging technologies
- Assist the Business Development and Marketing team members with new market and new vertical technical product offering details
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with the Product and Engineering teams.
- Digital management of all documentation required for sales and implementation – maintaining proper versions and removing outdated materials.
What's In It For You:
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Tons of growth opportunities, with the ability to make an immediate impact and mold a career in tech
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credits
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic, collaborative and dedicated group of people from all over the world
You Will Excel If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience in sales engineer or technical sales support role
- High Proficiency with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, SalesLoft (or similar), etc.
- Natural problem-solver and extremely resourceful - garnering support from other people or teams in order to drive opportunities to closure
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, general sales processes, and sales development methodologies
- Well-developed capabilities in problem-solving and crafting efficient processes
- A result and success oriented mentality, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- An ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities.
- Experience creating detailed technical proposals and implementation plans.
More about us!
BloomNation is a tech company that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry...and beyond.
In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local businesses to run a successful online E-Commerce business. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our customers' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and that's just the beginning.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of BuiltInLA's “Best Startups to Work For“ in 2019
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot.
BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!