Job Title: Networkand Voice Engineer
Reporting To: Manager, IT
Department: Information Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Network and VoiceEngineer is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, andcoordinating network projects and solutions as they relate to the globalnetwork and voice infrastructure. The Network and Voice Engineer is anessential member of the Global Network Architecture and Operations team withinthe IT Department. To be successful in this role, the employee must be able towork effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requiresexcellent communications skills, both with team members and business contactsat different levels.
SpecificDuties and Responsibilities:
The Network and VoiceEngineer will be responsible for performing a broad range of activities,including but not limited to:
- Design, Develop,Implement, Support and Troubleshoot Digital/Analog voice gateways, SBCs,collaboration endpoints and phones.
- Implement and supportUnified Communication Suites, including Microsoft Lync, Cisco UnifiedCommunications Manager, Audiocodes, etc.
- Function as a SME(subject matter expert) within the network team on voip-related networkingtopics while also evaluating current and emerging technologies to determineadvantages and disadvantages of potential solutions
- Maintain and Supportnetwork security infrastructure globally including Firewalls and VPN/remoteaccess, etc.
- Implement and maintainnetwork strategy projects and standards encompassing a wide range of transporttopologies (WAN, MAN, LAN, WLAN), advanced services (high availability,load-balancing, QoS, IP, MPLS, VoIP/IP Telephony) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS,DHCP, IPSEC, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP)
- Leverage a bestpractices approach towards projects, implementations, and issues resolution
- Develop and implementnetwork infrastructure optimization, security, technology roadmaps, and providesolutions to improve or remediate network reliability and/or performance issues
- Actively participate,provide and update project plans, documentation and diagrams across allaccountable or assigned projects
- Coordinate all downtimeand production impacting activities with the various stakeholders andrespective IT teams
- Provide escalation supportfor network and/or network-related security issues as needed
- Contribute to developinga comprehensive network, voice and security monitoring solution and proactivenotification of issues related to network uptime, reliability and performance
- Provide responsible,timely, detailed status of assigned activities
- Define/adhere to ITstandards, policies & procedures
- Ability to interact withall level of company personnel
- Effectively communicatewith a broad spectrum of individuals
- Escalate any impact orissues caused by network activities
- Maintain calendar ofplanned events and activities
- Provide consistentcommunication of all planned downtimes and activities
- 5+ years of experienceas a Network Engineer with a demonstrated ability to play a significant roleand successfully complete complex projects
- BS Degree in atechnology related field or related work experience
- Experience in designing,managing and installing network and network security solutions for a globalorganization
- Hands-on experienceworking with Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Call
- Manager and voice gateways(Cisco Call Manager, Skype for Business and Audiocodes)
- Experience with VoIP,SIP Trunks, ISDN, PSTN voice technologies
- Experience with Cisco,Juniper, Palo Alto Networks (including IOS, JUNOS, PANOS) or similarrouting/switching technologies
- Actively holding a CCNPor JNCIS, or VOIP certification is a plus
- Exemplarytroubleshooting skills for complex, mission critical systems
- Ability to successfullyensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution andretention of all necessary reports, records and documentation associated withthe role or group
- An effective team memberand team player whom can either lead, drive or participate in highly technicalprojects
- Travel as directed forsupport, coordination activities, meetings, etc.
- Ability to interfaceeffectively and decisively with all levels of management, departments andoutside vendors
We'reheadquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across manydisciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functionssuch as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve centerof our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to createthe biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactiveentertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia.We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Callof Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™,and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds ofmillions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gamingnetwork on the planet!
We're proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE's “100 Best Companies ToWork For®“ for four consecutive years andhave earned a spot on FORTUNE's “Most Admired Companies,“ and “Future 50“lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talentsacross entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore ourbusiness is fast-paced and will continueto evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at anytime to promote and support our business and relationships with industrypartners.