Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented Contracts Manager to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more.
This Contracts Manager will primarily support Amazon’s enterprise-wide technology procurement legal team. Your primary responsibilities will include reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements (including hosted services agreements, software licensing agreements, implementation agreements, services agreements, nondisclosure agreements and other commercial contracts), as well as helping to simplify existing contracting processes. Must have excellent communication skills as this position involves direct contact with principal business owners. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· 5+ years of contracts management, paralegal or other comparable experience within a law firm or legal department
· Bachelor's Degree
· In-house legal experience or law degree is a plus (a J.D. is not required)
· 5+ years' experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts, including inbound licensing agreements
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.