At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world.
Our Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing and commercializing self-driving cars and systems that enable point-to-point mobility in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe in Boston, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, and Singapore,Aptiv is the first company to deploy commercial robotaxis to the public. Today, Aptiv has provided over 80,000 autonomous rides to members of the public passengers in Las Vegas — the world's largest public deployment of self-driving vehicles.
In September 2019,Aptiv announced a 50/50 joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group, bringing together HMG and Aptiv’s advanced engineering and R&D capabilities, our global footprint, and shared commitment to advancing autonomous driving technology.
Come work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility!
The machine learning team behind nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) is looking for engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch an autonomous taxi system.
For more information, please visitwww.aptiv.com/our-journey and see ourwww.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Our Imaging Scientists play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by working on technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Autonomous Mobility (AM). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional engineers to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our technology. Are you interested in influencing the form-factor of a vehicle of the future? Do you enjoy working on prototypes and scaling them through launch? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What you'll do
- Perform image quality tuning on next-generation autonomous vehicle imaging pipelines
- Design and perform laboratory experiments to guide system development and quantify image quality metrics
- Design and implement data pre-processing pipelines, including novel debayering, color calibration, white balance, etc.
- Tune camera capture parameters to work in various challenging environmental conditions
- Work closely with Machine Learning and Perception teams to understand their imaging requirements
- Collect data and analyze to quantify sensor performance metrics including MTF and SNR
- Manage and maintain optical lab equipment, inventory, installation, and usage
- Conduct environmental and vibration tests to understand image degradation in real-world scenarios
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Imaging Science, Optical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Expertise with Matlab, Python or C++ for bringing up bulk offline and/or realtime image pre-processing pipelines
- Expertise with optical concepts and optical aberrations
- Expertise in raw image de-bayering and color correction
- Experience with Imatest and/or other image quality testing suites
- Experience with camera manufacturing techniques, including active alignment and adhesive bonded optical assemblies
- Experience with Bayer and non-traditional CMOS sensor color filter arrays
- Experience and interest in photography
- Experience with CMOS image sensors and noise characteristics
- Ability to quickly and creatively solve problems, independently and in teams, while maintaining quality work
- Experience with hands-on vehicle integration and data collection
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.