VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Perform vehicle inspections and prepare related documentation of overall vehicle condition in support of the processing and sale of client/customer consigned vehicles in lane and online.
* Level is determined by performance and mastery of knowledge and skills measured through the Inspector Certification Program (ICP)
- Verify vehicle identification.
- Enter basic vehicle identification information to database.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and options and document results.
- Assess and database enter any exterior vehicle damage.
- Inspect and enter condition of vehicle interior, tires, frame and mechanical components.
- Complete and verify data entry in support of documentation of vehicle condition.
- Write electronic condition report (ECR) on a variety of accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications.
- Utilize ECR equipment (Brick, PC, Terminal or PT) correctly describing both damage and equipment.
- Ability to take multiple, overall, and damage photos, match them to vehicle, and download to server.
- Able to quickly adapt and implement changes in account specific frame policies, account specific needs, new inspection types.
- Perform and document walk around inspections in support of online vehicle exchange (OVE) process.
- Review completed vehicle condition reports with inspectors – confirm and provide advice regarding report results.
- Attend meetings to share and receive job related information and complete training requirements.
- Driving to out of the gate locations to perform condition reports. Could drive up to 75% or more depending on the schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- 3 years minimum of experience in the automobile field (i.e., inspections, body/mechanic shop, etc.) strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- General knowledge of body and mechanical work preferred.
- Successful completion of Manheim ICP Inspector Level III or IV written/field exam.
- ASE certification or background in automotive repair cost estimating preferred; ICAR Certifications a plus.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Medium strength.
- Basic computer software skills required
- Good organizational skills required.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction required.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.