Employee Benefits Account Manager
Currently seeking an Employee Benefits Account Manager for a temp to hire opportunity with an Insurance Brokerage servicing Santa Monica and most of Southern California. The ideal candidate will possess Employee Benefits experience and a Life and Health Insurance license.
Responsibilities of the Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Provides support and assistance for the development of new business.
- Initiates renewal process and may participate in account marketing in conjunction with Producer or others.
- Direct and scheduled personal interface with clients at their offices as required.
- Participates in stewardship and renewal strategy meetings.
- Prepares submissions, including loss runs, and proposals for new business or renewals including binding, invoicing and other documentation and prepares correspondence and insurance schedules
- Reviews insurance policies and endorsements for accuracy, and reviews certificate requests, prepares appropriate documents, and directs the certificate of insurance process.
- Manages end-to-end process in Sagitta system.
- Utilizes web-based and other systems to rate, research, and perform carrier inquiries.
- Provides support during claim process.
- Performs receivable/collection activities, including cancellations and reinstatements.
- Directs workflow and collaborates other team members.
- Ensures that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to and adequately documented.
- Complies with all regulatory insurance requirements.
- Perform all other reasonable duties that relate to the job as assigned.
Requirements of the Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Employee Benefits experience
- Online rating/quoting experience with multiple carriers
- Understanding of Group and Individual Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision and Life policies
- Experience working with multiple carriers and GA's
- Agency management systems experience required; Sagitta system desirable along with Ease Central
- Life and Health/Accident Insurance License required. Other insurance designations desirable.
- Computer Savvy
- Comfortable with Up-selling/Cross-selling to current clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to interface with demanding clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Integrity and a Passion for Excellence
- Works Collaboratively
Compensation for the Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Starting annual salary is $45,000 to $65,000, based on experience
- Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday – Friday (37.5 hour work week)