Summary of Position:
The incumbent is responsible for supporting audio, visual, multi-media technology, video conferencing and client hardware and software environments. The position is also responsible for maintaining expertise on new, innovative, and emerging industry technologies, solutions, and best practices for improving the design and delivery of A/V and Client Technology services and equipment.
In addition, the incumbent in this position is responsible for providing accurate and efficient support for Windows, Apple and Android environments and VoIP phones, including but not limited to, maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and integration of 3rd party and in-house applications. Identify, research, and resolve computer-related, mobile device, printer/MFP and telephony problems for all Starz offices and remote employees. Respond to telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support. Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and troubleshoot issues for various conference room technologies, monitors, video conferencing end-points, unified communications clients, televisions and audio conferencing processes.
- Diagnose Apple, Android, Telephony, A/V and video conference hardware and software problems by asking accurate, concise, questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Understand business concerns and technology needs, and identify unique opportunities and develop independent solutions for client and company needs.
- Stay up-to-date on A/V and IT technology and how it can positively affect the Starz Client Environment. Participate in training sessions, webinars and research new technology and trends.
- Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and also need the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Respond to incoming requests (e.g., e-mails, dashboard alerts, telephone calls, voicemail, or in person) and accurately identify, diagnose, prioritize, log, and dispatch or resolve the service requests within established SLA standards. Enter and report technical problems, causes and solutions within the call logging software.
- Create and maintain documentation for all standard Technical Support policies, procedures, and practices.
- Understand and troubleshoot issues for various network technologies including cabling topologies, gateways, bridges, routers, switches and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols.
- Support all Starz key identified projects including but not limited to rollouts and upgrades. Manage deliverables associated with a project by prioritizing, tracking, and completing assigned tasks.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation. Duties include being available 24x7 to respond to emails and phone calls during on call period.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Audio Visual, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CTS Certification preferred.
- Minimum three years technical experience in an audio/visual environment.
- Minimum three years in live production practices either in a studio or mobile environment.
- Hardware and software problem solving, problem solving and use of Windows, Mac and Android operating system and Microsoft Office applications. Understanding of IT networking principles.
- Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with other functions (e.g. executives, facilities, public relations, creative services and external partners).
- Experience with Broadcast or Media is preferred.
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.