Family Nurse Practitioner (PRN)
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.
PRN hours available:
The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making a differential diagnosis and prescribing pharmacological and nonpharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding the administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services when the Medical Lead Physician is not on site. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patients condition.
- Provides patient education and information or summary
- Collaborates with Physicians and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plans as necessary
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Collaborates with the Medical Lead Physician as appropriate
- Maintains medical records (Electronic Medical Record software)
- Educates and coaches nursing staff, and medical assistants on best practices
- A Master's degree (MSN) required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Family Practice/Primary Care environment(required)
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the state of practice
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical providers is required.
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software
- Training skills a plus Demonstrated problem-solving and workflow management skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
Proactive MD is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status applicable to state and federal laws.