Licensed Vocational Nurse
Santa Cruz, CA
Under general supervision and within the scope of their certification or licensure assists providers or mid-level professionals in implementing the medical plan of care to patients.
- Performs rooming procedure and follows rooming standards in an efficient, courteous and professional manner; ensuring that the patient will be fully prepared prior to the provider entering the exam room
- Obtains appropriate assessment data such as clinical history, vital signs, weight and symptoms from patient and accurately records data using relevant electronic health records within a timely manner
- Assists the patients care team in implementing the plan of care for the patient in a collaborative and professional manner
- Notifies patients and front desk PSRs of possible wait times while in the lobby or exam room
- Identifies patients with special needs and provides appropriate assistance
- Performs administrative duties in a timely, accurate and collaborative manner according to policy and procedures within the LVN scope of practice
- Retrieves voicemails and enters in EPIC as appropriate at least once an hour and before the end of the shift.
- Retrieves/responds to eMessaging according to established workflows and within the scope of practice as outlined in policies and procedures
- Managing assigned EPIC in-baskets throughout the shift, addressing all work before the end of the shift.
- Retrieves incoming faxes and handling at least once an hour
- Retrieves work from provider outboxes and handles throughout the shift, completing by the end of the shift
- Prepares forms and manages prior authorizations, referrals, result letters, overdue result letters, throughout the shift, completing incoming work by the end of the shift
- Arranges durable medical equipment rentals utilizing specific forms according to established workflows
- Coordinates appointments for patients between sites in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Retrieves/responds to messages from the LVN Pool at least once an hour and before the end of the shift
- Accurately collects and transmits information between the patient and provider in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicates updates to patient requests on a daily basis until request is complete
- Documents appropriate information clearly and accurately using the proper format according to department policies and procedures which may include documenting conversations with patients, support staff and provider no later than the end of the shift
- Documents verbal orders from physician and sends to provider for co-sign
- Provides professional and accurate communication with co-workers to provide safe and seamless patient care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current CA Licensed Vocational Nurse – LVN
- Current AHA BLS/CPR for Healthcare Providers certificate
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Previous ambulatory care experience strongly preferred