The Industrial Electrician I repairs and completes preventative maintenance on various types of facility, warehouse and manufacturing electrical equipment to improve safety, quality and productivity. The Industrial Electrician I applies industry best practice principles and techniques including National Electric Code (NEC), safety and troubleshooting to accomplish goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Identify solutions to on-site technical problems involving electrical systems equipment.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all electrical control systems, variable frequency drives, power distribution systems
- Collaborate with others to identify, define and solve problems.
- Analyze systems and changes in conditions, operations or the environment that may affect outcomes.
- Identify and report alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Utilize schematics, blueprints precision measuring and/or test equipment and special tools.
- Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid-state equipment.
- Maintain records on repairs, down-time, changes and updates.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment.
- Ensure proper use of all guards for tools and machinery.
- Ensure all safety processes are precisely followed such as lock out, tag out.
- Perform all work in compliance with National Electric Code (NEC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and other regulatory and company requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Industrial electrical experience in a manufacturing, food processing or similar environment.
- Knowledge of 3 phase motors, 480 voltage, and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of Programmable Ladder Control (PLC), electronic controls, sensors and troubleshooting of systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Understanding of NEC, OSHA, GMP and other safety requirements.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, teamwork, organization and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read electrical and 1-wire diagrams.
- Trade school or higher education in industrial electronics, electronic technology, or related field.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.