To provide laboratory testing services. Dutiesinclude obtaining specimens, performing testing, preparing specimens fortransportation, providing laboratory reports, participation in quality controland quality assurance programs, and maintenance of laboratory equipment.Clinical Laboratory Scientists of all levels must demonstrate good judgment andtechnical skill.
- Perform all testing accurately and in a timelymanner according to established policies and procedure
- Performs scheduled maintenance & Troubleshootinginstrument as needed
- Quality Control, Calibrations and Troubleshootingoutliers/ complete documentation
- Calling Critical Values & completedocumentation
- Satisfactorily complete all assigned CAPproficiencies and in a timely manner
- Perform QA support operations. Monitor andresolve pending and QA logs and exception reports
- Take responsibility for MD & patientconcerns. Use good customer service skills in all contacts with patients,staff, and physicians
Clinical Lab Scientist License - CLS-L
Preferredone (1) year continuous experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
For CLS without experience - Priorexperience in the clinical laboratory/healthcare and Palo Alto MedicalFoundation (3 years) is preferred. Equivalency will be determined by theLaboratory Director and the Personnel office staff.
Knowledge of phlebotomy, processing and experience with Lab Information Systems.