The Picnic Basket is our Cafe located close to Santa Cruz's Beach Boardwalk. We are fast paced, and dedicated to simple, delicious food and treats, sourced from local farmers, foragers and food artisans. We are looking for people who believe in our mission of bringing amazing locally sourced food to the public and delivering excellent customer service. As a Barista and Sandwich Maker you will provide excellent customer service by working the register, making tea and coffee drinks, making breakfast items, salads and sandwiches. You will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the shop and having a comprehensive understanding of our menu items.
At The Glass Jar, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Glass Jar believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Some experience in customer service or food production in a high volume location is preferable but we can train the right person
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and multi-task
- Desire to learn more about locally sourced food and sustainable business
- Available for at least 20 hours a week
- Able to work weekdays (current open business hours are 7:00AM - 4:00PM), weekends and holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Constant Opportunities for Advancement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits for Full Time employees
- Company Outings & Gatherings
- Discounts at Select Local Businesses