Lifeguard - Part Time
Do you enjoy working by the water? We are looking for a Lifeguard to ensure the pool and/or lake area remains safe and clean. If you have a valid lifeguard certification, we want to talk to you!
Lifeguards maintain a safe, clean and sanitary pool and/or lake area and ensure that all safety equipment is present at and around the pool/lake area at all times.
- Test and balance pool chemicals and document as required by state and local regulations. Test water and add chemicals as needed.
- Monitor and adjust pool temperature as directed.
- Clean and vacuum pool, clean skimmer baskets, backwash pool filters, and skim the pool with skimmer as needed.
- Ensure pool bathrooms are clean, stocked with supplies and free of standing water.
- Monitor individuals entering and leaving the pool/lake area; ensure state capacity is not exceeded.
- Ensure all posted pool rules are being adhered to.
- Ensure safety equipment is present and in working order; check first aid kit for needed supplies on a daily basis.
- Sweep pool deck and all surrounding areas daily.
- Straighten pool furniture regularly, ensuring furniture is clean and in working order at all times.
- Clean clubhouse and surrounding common areas as needed.
- Garden and remove weeds in commons areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Education (some HS education required)
- Valid lifeguard certification
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures
- Flexibility to respond to resort needs during non-business hours
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use email and internet