Johnson Service Group (JSG) is teamed with a leader in the defense and commercial markets, and our client is currently seeking a fulltime Production Planner to support a high reliability product manufacturing team.
Summary of Job Scope:
- 3-5+ years of previous production planning experience.
- Experience in an aerospace and/or defense is a plus.
- Manufacturing processes knowledge is highly desired.
- Must have expert knowledge of lot sizing, material planning and production scheduling.
- Plan, schedule, release and manage purchase, interplant orders and work orders.
- Works with internal/external suppliers to resolve material issues, including shortages, urgent customer demands, etc.
- Quotes deliveries for sales requests.
- Provide communication between internal departments to maintain the flow of materials.
- Monitor production delay and review shortage reports for future demands.
- Maintain/analyze planning parameters, including lead times, order quantities, etc.
- Review/analyze/implement replenishment targets to support pull system.
- Participate in capacity review meetings with internal and external teams and suppliers.
- Actively balance manufacturing capacity with the demands.
- Monitor/maintain inventory levels and update in MRP system (i.e. SAP).
- Familiarity with CI and Lean concepts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline is a plus.
- Association of Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification is preferred.
Location: Greater Los Angeles, CA Area
Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift