We are now looking for a System Software Engineer for Autonomous Vehicles.
Intelligent machines powered by Artificial Intelligence computers that can learn, reason and interact with people are no longer science fiction. Today, a self-driving car powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find its way. An AI-powered robot can learn motor skills through trial and error — this is truly an extraordinary time and the era of AI has begun.
Image recognition and speech recognition — GPU Deep Learning has provided the foundation for machines to learn, perceive, reason and solve problems. The GPU started out as the engine for simulating human creativity, conjuring up the amazing virtual worlds of video games and Hollywood films. Now, NVIDIA's GPU runs Deep Learning algorithms, simulating human intelligence, and acts as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Just as human imagination and intelligence are linked, computer graphics and AI come together in our architecture. Two modes of the human brain, two modes of the GPU. This may explain why Nvidia GPUs are used broadly for Deep Learning, and Nvidia is increasingly known as “the AI computing company.“ Make the choice to join us today.
Our team builds the NVIDIA DriveWorks SDK with the goal to provide a scalable software stack and framework to build autonomous vehicles.
We are seeking software engineers with interests on designing, developing and maintaining many aspects of the test harness & benchmark infrastructure required to qualify our software as the most reliable and top performing software in its category.
What you will be doing:
- Developing test harnesses to improve the reliability of the software
- Crafting data capture tools to obtain performance data from software
- Provide the frameworks to feed real and synthetic data into the software for both test and performance measurements
- Scope unit tests & evaluating quality and proposing corrective actions
- Creating infrastructure code in Python
What we need to see:
- BS/MS or higher in computer engineering, computer science or related engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent Python, C, and C+
• programming skills
- Strong knowledge of programming and debugging techniques
- Strong knowledge on Linux and/or other real-time operating systems
- Great communication and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and a great teammate
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Understanding of embedded architectures
- Knowledge of automotive systems, notably ADAS applications
- Software development for modern Linux
- Experience with version control system GIT
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration software
- Be hands-on and work well within a team of algorithm, software and hardware engineers, with a significant level of detail orientation and a penchant for data organization and presentation
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.