Applied Materials is an innovation-driven company. Our ability to identify emerging technologies that can enable our customers to overcome their challenges, by leveraging Applied Materials' engineering expertise is critical to our continued growth.
Applied Materials is working on a highly innovative biotechnology development project that involves the development of new assays and a high throughput imaging instrument. The project team is a growing dynamic, and multidisciplinary group of scientists and technologists from the field of optics, material science, biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics and software engineering.
The individual will work on biochemical assay development and actively participate in product development of a sophisticated bio-imaging system. In this role, you will develop cutting edge biochemical assays and establish organizational handing and preparation procedures for tissues and cells to be analyzed in a sophisticated bio-imaging system. You will also manage transferring of the successfully developed and validated workflow to a commercial lab services organization. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing and executing multi-disciplinary investigation and resolving technical challenges to improve assay quality, reliability, and process capability towards clear performance requirements. This requires you to:
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team comprising biologists, biochemists, bioinformaticians, hardware and software engineers to develop pre and post-analytical process and bioassays, as well as establish organizational sample handling and preparation procedures.
- Work with the Santa Clara Team to review, interpret, integrate and present experimental data both internally and with our research collaborators.
- Train Assay Technicians to perform the developed bioassays and on organizational sample handling and preparation procedures
This position will report directly to the Managing Director of Technology in Santa Clara. The position is based in Santa Clara and will require some travel.
Education and Experience:
MS/PhD in a Life Sciences field with at least 5 years of working experience in developing biological assays and working with various detection technologies.
- Proficient in developing procedures for biological specimen handling and processing testing analyses, implementing new methods, reporting and maintaining records of test results.
- Analytical bioassays and methods development experience (testing of components and process modifications of biochemical assay designs).
- Technical knowledge across the PCR, NSG-based technology, its applications, and other genetic platforms.
- Experience in microscopy, various biological imaging techniques, image processing, and data analysis is a plus.
- Work experience in the biotech, translational workflow development, or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Project Management – Skill and experience developing timelines for projects and tracking projects, as well as managing multiple stakeholders including external collaborators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.