At Signifyd we're creating a new market. We're constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for e-commerce looks like. So we don't have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We're all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it.
We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn't confined by it.
- Who's greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn't afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
- Who will stop and hold the door for a colleague, even if you're running late.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
As part of our core offering, we provide a data-rich fraud research tool to our users which is a highly interactive single-page application built on AngularJS.
Moving forward, we have been building new features in ES2015/2016 (ES6/7) & ReactJS with the goal of migrating our core offering to a more modular and component based architecture. The position will involve maintaining the existing application and migrating/implementing new functionality in a more modern approach.. Our front end engineers frequently take mockups, wireframes,or even just functional spec and create rich user interfaces.
We prefer live coding/a conversational approach in our interviewing vs esoteric programming trivia. Skills, knowledge, and opinions in the vast front end ecosystem is what we are looking for.
- Ability to create pixel-perfect code from finalized visual designs
- Experience with large React and Angular 1.x applications
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- A test-driven approach to front-end development
- Experience using Git in a collaborative environment
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with 3rd party APIs, OAuth, E-commerce plugins
- Startup experience
- Data visualization experience using Google Charts or similar toolset
- Experience with UX and or UI design a big plus
- B.S., or in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other technical field
- Alternatively, an excellent open-source contribution history (highlight in application) or relevant professional experience(we would like to view code samples/project repos if possible)
Here are some of the libraries/tools we currently use:
- Ant Design
Current Legacy App stack:
- Foundation CSS
Tools/libraries/languages we have been keeping an eye on:
- Preact/Inferno/React Fiber
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.