Get your career started at eHealth
eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
eHealth is the nation's largest online health insurance marketplace for individuals, families and small businesses. Through our platform, we have insured over 5 million Americans and we are continuing to scale! We are in the middle of health care as it exists today and as it is changing for the future. We are a publicly-traded company (Nasdaq:EHTH) headquartered in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco and Gold River, CA, Austin, TX, Salt Lake City, UT and Indianapolis, IN.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the development of our discovery and shopping experience. As the country's largest health insurance platform, eHealth is building on a legacy of giving consumers the tools, information and options they need to find and enroll in the right health insurance solutions. Healthcare is complex. And for many consumers, accessing healthcare is a costly and confusing experience. We are proud of our legacy helping consumers learn about, find, and enroll in over 5 million health insurance plans. With changing policies and rising prices, it's more important than ever to help customers find the right solution.
That's where you come in: we're looking for an experienced product manager who can drive tactics as well as set and communicate strategy, while exhibiting a relentless focus on the customer. A core contribution from this role is to develop and hone an eCommerce playbook within IFP (Individual and Family Plans) and SMB (Small Business) product areas, then look for opportunities to move learnings and solutions across the business. The role requires deep empathy for our customers as well as the skills needed to partner with colleagues to turn insights into solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with marketing, analytics, design, marketing, engineering, legal and business stakeholders to evaluate and define product strategy
- Manage and optimize shopping and discovery experiences for constant measurement and improvement
- Harness data and design to advocate for customer experience throughout product lifecycles
- Contribute to training/growing a team of product managers
- Develop, prioritize and manage product backlogs, in partnership with engineering
- Document engineering-digestible functional requirements based on intuition, data, and input from a wide variety of stakeholders.
What you will bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and the aptitude to drive clarity
- Rigorous analytical approach, experienced in web analytics and scenario modeling
- Attention to detail and familiarity working within compliance and policy constraints
- Aptitude for teaching and mentorship
- 5+ years of product management experience with a focus on online shopping and discovery
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage toward a vision while handling complex, shifting requirements
- Capable of delivering complex products via agile development processes, including documentation of requirements in a way that helps engineering teams get their work done
- Experience optimizing web conversion experiences
- Understanding of design principles
- Experience, or enthusiasm for, improving how consumers interact with the healthcare system
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.