Job Title: Senior Content Strategist, Digital ExperiencesLocation: Santa Clara, CA/San Francisco, CA
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
As part of the global marketing organization, the Digital Marketing team supports servicenow.com and other external-facing websites. Our digital properties represent our brand, the products we sell, and who we are as a company. We are a team of designers, strategists, copywriters, and researchers. This is an especially exciting moment in ServiceNow’s history. Our business is thriving, our customer base is growing, and delivering a world-class digital experience is key to our company’s mission.
We are looking for a Senior Content Strategist who brings expertise and innovation to delivering the right content to the right audience at the right moment in their digital journey. You will manage end-to-end content strategy for projects, from discovery to publishing to post-launch optimization and governance. You’ll merge data with your insights to craft best-in-class experiences that solve user needs and align with brand values and business goals.
The ideal candidate blends expertise in content, digital marketing, web usability, SEO, and design to solve complex problems. You excel at collaborating with cross-functional teams, synthesizing input into a cohesive content strategy, and effectively communicating that strategy to gain approval from stakeholders and executives. You can focus on project specifics and the bigger picture simultaneously, identifying gaps and opportunities in our content and site IA, and developing content models and components that are flexible and anticipate future needs.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Develop content strategies that target the right audience with the right content to satisfy user needs and to drive deeper engagement with ServiceNow.
- Discover customer and business requirements by conducting research, including web analytics, user testing, competitive analysis, and stakeholder interviews.
- Create flexible content models and page types that meet current project goals and anticipate future needs.
- Partner with UX designers and engineers to design components that are scalable across multiple use cases and optimized for mobile, search, and localization.
- Collaborate with digital copywriters and content creators from other teams (product marketing, events, campaigns, brand) to map the user journey, curate assets, and align copy with strategy.
- Improve content discoverability through search optimization, navigation, personalization, automation, and other strategies.
- Create personas, journey maps, page briefs, authoring templates, playbooks, and other strategy artifacts to document best practices for internal and agency writers and designers.
- Identify and advocate for adoption of tools, technologies, and practices to improve content development workflow.
- Contribute to the design and management of taxonomies, metadata schemas, and information architecture models.
- Identify emerging content trends and generate forward-looking strategies to support business goals, to fuel innovation, and to keep our experience on the cutting edge.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with an agile approach that adapts to changing timelines and requirements while ensuring high-quality results.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- 7+ years of experience working in digital content strategy, preferably for enterprise B2B technology websites
- Experience working in collaborative teams and integrating user-centric design principles and research into the content strategy process
- Understanding of the best practices of content-related site architecture and optimization, including IA, SEO, and personalization
- Experience with content governance, content management, and content automation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; confident public speaker
- Proven success building stakeholder relationships and managing expectations
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Analytics preferred
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, marketing, journalism, or related field