SEVEN TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Associate
STATUS: Non-Exempt/ Full time
This position has a starting pay of $14.00 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: The Sales Associate will provide exceptional customer service while supporting sales, cashier and production functions to maximize sales and enhance the positive image of Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire (GIRE) in the community..
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the highest customer service standards at all times, including greeting all customers; maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude; handling customer needs in a courteous manner; answering phones in a professional manner and directing calls appropriately; answering questions accurately; assisting customer in locating and/or selecting merchandise; and, thanking customers for supporting the GIRE mission
- Operate the cash register accurately, according to cash handling and related policies including collecting payment and making change. Be aware of merchandise pricing and categories.
- Maintain the sales floor and inventory in a clean, neat and properly displayed manner
- Put away all merchandise that accumulates in fitting rooms and at checkout counters
- Stock shelves and racks as merchandise is moved from the production area to sales floor
- Assist in rotating stock per policy
- Refer customer complaints to the Customer Experience Supervisor
- Be alert to security and loss prevention and inform manager or shift leader of potential or current problems
- Maintain sales floor in a safe condition at all times, reporting any problems to the manager immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Dress appropriately for front-of-the-store customer contact
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively with managers, co-workers, consumers, volunteers and other agency personnel
- The ability to maintain productivity
- Willingness to learn and exercise retail merchandising and selling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Reflect and maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a clean, neat appearance
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
Ability to take direction, work independently and work with minimal supervision
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Incumbent will be exposed to low level noise and moderate levels of dust in a retail environment with a temperature climate, overhead lighting and interaction with the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Incumbent will experience continuous bending, lifting, stretching. Mobility throughout the store is required. Incumbent must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Continuous speech and visual skills required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Store Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Department: Retail Stores
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position