Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you'll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You'll be part of a team who's passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it's protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You'll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we'll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Responsibilities will include maintaining integrity of payroll data through accurate data entry, loading and balancing payroll batches and auditing payroll and timekeeping records. The Payroll Coordinator will be first line support for payroll related questions (benefits, garnishments, withholding etc.). The Payroll Coordinator may also be asked to occasionally help with other HR related projects.
What you'll be doing
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes one off entries such as commission pay, bonuses, garnishments and tax changes. Also, processes any off-cycle payments and coordinates with finance, as necessary, for issue of those payments
- Responds to routine employee inquiries and will involve the appropriate internal employees, as required, for the most efficient and accurate resolution.
- Tracks payroll related changes and audits payroll results to ensure accurate processing including, but not limited, to new hire and terminated employee payments, tax treatment upon an employee relocating, leave of absences, salary changes, FTE changes, etc.
- Execute payroll reports for Finance, HR and others as required
- Administrative functions related to payroll including filing and handling any payroll related mail
- Coordinates queries and cases with payroll processing vendor related to garnishments, tax or other relevant topics
- Completes regulatory reporting not supported by third party payroll processing vendor
- Associates degree with a focus in Human Resources, Business or Accounting
Work Experience Required
- 2-4 years minimum of Payroll, Accounting/Finance or HR experience (preferably in an IT environment)
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Skills and Core Competencies
- Ability to exercise appropriate discretion when working with confidential and sensitive matters where information is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and conscientious approach to record keeping
- Good grammar, writing and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Daily job performance will include customer service to employees throughout the organization
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks while maintaining priorities; high level of organization required in a dynamic environment
- Professional and personable disposition
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.