Our work at NVIDIA is dedicated towards a computing model focused on visual and AI computing. For two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics, with our invention of the GPU. The GPU has also proven to be unbelievably effective at solving some of the most complex problems in computer science. Today, NVIDIA's GPU simulates human intelligence, running deep learning algorithms and acting as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. We are looking to grow our company and teams with the smartest people in the world.
The NVIDIA Immersion program is an eight-week apprenticeship program that enables students who are a part of historically underrepresented communities, to immerse themselves in and gain exposure to NVIDIA's technology, culture, and ecosystem. Apprentices will be paired up with a mentor and will work in small groups or pairs. Being awarded a spot in our immersion program is a rewarding and exciting way to kickstart your journey at NVIDIA, and it will open future doors for you as we look to our immersion program hires to fill future spots in our intern program and eventually our new college grad hiring efforts. The 2021 apprenticeship class will commence on June 14th and run through August 6th, 2021. This is a fully paid program and offers great benefits!
We are now looking for Engineering Apprentice applicants in Hardware, Software, and Research
What you'll be doing:
- Gain hands-on experience, exposure, and training while working on ambitious projects and expanding your knowledge relevant to your area of emphasis
- Work side by side with some of the industry's brightest minds.
- Experience hands-on training with never-before-seen technologies and the latest software and hardware developments.
What we need to see:
- You are currently a first-year (class of 2024) or second year (class of 2023) undergrad pursuing your bachelor's degree in CS, CE, EE, Mathematics, or related fields at a four-year university in the United States
- Enrolled in courses in computing and engineering, specifically geared towards SW/HW basics
- Basic knowledge of one of the following programming languages C, C++, Python, Perl
- Demonstrated initiative to learn about technology, computers, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, robotics, parallel computing, etc.
- Creativity and problem-solving mentality; willingness to learn new concepts; ability to adapt to new experiences
- The desire to learn new concepts and tools in a growing and evolving workspace
- Passion for diverse work assignments and enjoy the opportunity to try innovative approaches to overcome challenges
- Ability to develop relationships across a wide array of partners and build support for our core mission.
- Extra-curricular interest in technical fields is a plus!
Ways to stand out from the crowd, Hardware Applicants:
- Fundamental knowledge of MATLAB
- Basic knowledge of one of the following CAD Skills: Catia, SiemensNX, Solidworks Creo
- Understanding of VLSI design, computer architecture, computer arithmetic CMOS transistors, and circuits
- Basic knowledge of Verilog/VHDL
- Background of modern GPU API's (CUDA, OpenCL)
Ways to stand out from the crowd, Software Applicants:
- General understanding of data structures and algorithm time/space complexity
- Understanding of mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
- Foundations of the computer memory model (disk, memory, caches), CPU and GPU architectures, networking, numeric libraries, and modular software design
- Knowledge of high-performance computing
- Familiarity with operating system concepts (threads, process control, memory/resource management, virtual memory, etc.)
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.