Data and MLOps Engineer
Data and MLOps Engineer
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Research & Development, IoT Edge Lab (R&D/IEL)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachis R&D Center located in Santa Clara, CA is a leading technology provider to support Hitachis global Social Innovation business. We focus on original and applied research, technology innovation, creating intellectual property and solving challenging real-life problems. We also work closely with Hitachi product and business divisions to engage with customers and contribute to Hitachis IoT business across multiple industry segments with special focus on optimized manufacturing and IIoT.
We are looking for a full stack MLOps and Data Science Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will contribute to management of heterogeneous data from multiple production lines, operationalizing our ML algorithms in our PoC and customer engagements, add new feature and solution development. Youll get a chance to engage in real-world deployments in manufacturing facilities at scale. This position is a perfect match for an engineer who is passionate about empowering society through the tremendous potential of Industrial IoT and ML/AI.
More information about Hitachi Industrial IoT technology can be found at:
- Contribute to ongoing software development and maintenance of a resilient, secure, and efficient IoT/MLOps platform.
- Automate software deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Understand a wide range of OSS data engineering and MLOPs tools/frameworks and be able to recommend suitable architectures and choice of tool for a given application.
- Work in a cross-disciplinary team with CloudOps, Infrastructure, sensing, ML/AI and manufacturing domain experts and be able to understand and build upon previous design and architecture and add differentiators.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with at least 2 years of industry experience in software development.
- Experience with Ability to design and implement cloud solutions (AWS is required, Azure, or GCP is plus)
- Experience in several programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java and ML tools and frameworks
- Experience in database systems and management for structured, unstructured and object storage.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and one or more MLOps frameworks (Kubeflow, MLFLow, Seldon etc.)
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience with Git and agile software development process.
- Experience of ML/AI algorithms, building and deploying pipelines.
- Prior experience with Industrial IoT applications and architecture including Cloud/Edge functionalities is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to email@example.com. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.