For two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU - the engine of modern visual computing - the field has expanded to encompass PC games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis, and scientific research. Today, visual computing is becoming increasingly central to how people interact with technology, and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team. NVIDIA is now focused on innovation at the intersection of visual processing, high performance computing, and artificial intelligence.
NVIDIA entered the Automotive graphics segment with GPUs in 2006. Since then, NVIDIA has increased our product offerings to include complete graphics support for customer navigation and instrument clusters. Future programs include automatic braking assist (ADAS), autonomous driving, and unified car computing (UCC). Our customers include major European and Asian auto makers and exotic automobile manufacturers that want to provide top of the line graphics performance and computing in their automobiles. It's an exciting time for the auto industry, as the car is becoming a connected system, and graphics and computing power is transforming the automobile. NVIDIA is at the forefront, providing high-end to mid-level performance solutions for these meaningful changes in the way we use the automobile.
We are now looking for a Customer Quality Engineer to support our customer quality assurance activities, stationed in Santa Clara, California. This is an individual contributor role, working with the Senior Manager of Automotive Customer Quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Primary role is Customer Quality Management System (QMS) interface and management of Customer Quality requirements during NPI and sustaining product phases
- Coordinate customer's quality standards communication and implementation
- Facilitate and coordinate Customer QMS work with internal teams
- Coordinate quality engineering activities between regional quality managers, internal teams, and Customers
- Track Customer quality metrics and regular reporting to management
- Drive continuous improvement activities for Customer metrics performance improvement
- Collaborate with engineering, customer program management, and supply chain on quality defect resolution
- Participate/lead conference calls and F2F meetings with Customers related to product quality
- Conduct PCN risk assessment and change issuance to Customers for notification/approval
- Coordinate and participate in Customer audits for NVIDIA HQ and contract manufacturers
- Establish new procedures/processes to improve team results and utilization of resources
- Key characteristics for success in this role:
- Exemplary interpersonal skills (succinct with meaningful content)
- Be a self-starter
- Have flexible working habit
- Utilize creative approaches to problem resolution
- Exhibit good team orientation in both the facilitator and contributor roles
What we need to see:
- Bachelors of Science degree from a leading university in electrical engineering, quality, or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in electronics customer quality role.
- Proficiency with leading Customer QMS requirements, such as APQP, VDA, ZVEI, etc. in new product introduction and sustaining modes
- Experience with Automotive Customers and electronics failure analysis processes a plus
- Ability to travel internationally to Europe and Asia for Customer meetings and supply chain audits (frequency estimate semi-annually to quarterly for up to 2 weeks at a time)
- Knowledge of IATF16949, ISO26262, and other automotive electronics quality and functional system requirements desired
- Knowledge of SMD (Surface Mount Device) and SMT (Surface Mount Technology) manufacturing practices and controls
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process such as Si fab, Package assembly and Final test
- Knowledge of electronics reliability standards such as AEC-Q100, AEC-Q101, and AEC-Q200.
- Proficiency with 8D problem solving tools/methods to Automotive standards a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization skills
- Proficiency of quality document tools such as 6 sigma, Control plan, FMEA, DRBFM and QA Network
- Dedicated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good proficiency using MS Office software tools, data analytical tools, and email communications
- Process audit experience to industry accepted standards, ie. VDA6.3, ISO9001, IATF16949
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people on the planet working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, with a genuine passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.