Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Back-end Engineer to join our Catalog Engineering Team. Hitachi Vantara's Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data and creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare.
You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia. We are looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.
What You Will Doing
- 5+ years of experience designing and building successful customer facing server products.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, in Computer Science or similar disciplines.
- Proficient in at least one of the strongly typed programming languages such as Java, Kotlin.
- Solid foundation in data structures and complex algorithms
- Proficient in using REST API frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB is a plus) and must have hands on experience querying databases
- Good understanding of transactions and concurrency issues
- Good understanding of performance issues in distributed applications
- Worked on applications that use Search engines like Apache Solr or Elastic search.
- Experienced in delivering projects under Agile/Scrum environment
- Experienced in developing - deploying applications using containers or Kubernetes clusters.
- Can help and guide team members with technical issues, architecture - design
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge