Department: Customer Care
Location: Santa Barbara
Sonos is committed to delivering the ultimate home listening experience to our users.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will play an integral role in delivering a superior customer service experience through all channels (email, phone, and social media). This position will have a primary focus on supporting social and digital channels and offers an opportunity to support worldwide care operations in your office and with other global teams.
By delivering excellent customer support and channeling customer feedback to the business, you will help fulfill our mission to fill every home with music.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
- Provide outstanding technical assistance to our customers through live troubleshooting and problem isolation
- Gathering and documenting customer information and interactions in CRM Tools and Systems
- Support end-users across all channels (inbound, outbound, digital) to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues, working channels as needed according to customer demands
- Constant learning through training, coaching, expanding and sharing the knowledge
- Pro-actively take ownership of open issues and interface successfully with management and the engineering team
- Engage with the front-line to offer coaching on word choice, tone, and content in responses
- Monitor and respond to online reviews on multiple, high-profile platforms
- Follow-up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Participate in daily handoff between sites at the end of shifts, ensure quality of handoff between global teams
- Work with music services and all operating systems (Mac, Android, Windows and iOS)
Skills You'll Need
- Must love music!
- Direct experience with social community management, social customer care, crisis communications, public relations, triage or response – Social media support experience is a must
- A native user of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Inquisitive, bright & creative troubleshooter
- Proven track record of troubleshooting problems, researching and finding answers to consumer questions
- True team player, no 9-5 mentality
- Decisive, action-oriented individual who takes ownership of customer experience related issues and who has the ability to interface successfully with functional and regional leadership
- Ability to understand team dynamics and capable of adapting coaching style depending on the situation
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.