Requisition Number: PROFE06386
There are many paint brands in North America, but only one is the best choice. Dunn-Edwards Paints prides itself on superior-performing products; first-class service from hard-working, knowledgeable employees; and our continued commitment to caring for our shared environment through our Greener by Design® philosophy.
Landmarks across the Southwest are beautified and protected by one brand: Dunn-Edwards. Why? Because it’s the best paint around. With more than 140 stores, Dunn-Edwards is the region’s foremost manufacturer and supplier of exceptional-performing architectural and industrial coatings. We provide a complete line of paints, painting supplies and equipment for professional and quality-conscious clients.
Headquartered in Los Angeles for more than 90 years, Dunn-Edwards grew from a small, family business yet — despite our decades-long growth — we have maintained much of that close-knit feeling. Simply put, we make the highest-quality products, provide industry-leading services, and have the best employees in the industry.
- True team atmosphere: You get to work with multiple departments that have a common goal — being the #1 choice for all who paint. Respect, friendliness, professionalism and fun are the hallmarks of our company culture.
- Control your own destiny: We love seeing our people develop and advance in their careers. If you take great pride in your work, challenge yourself to continuously grow and want the opportunity to advance based on your performance and leadership, this might be just the place for you.
- World-class benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, tuition assistance program and more.
- Dunn-Edwards is a steward of our environment: Our mission has always been to provide the best-performing paint, in an environmentally friendly manner to protect the health and well-being of our customers, as well as the planet. We were a disciplined leader in the concept of green product manufacturing long before it became popular.
From our ingredients, to labeling, to our LEED Gold-certified paint manufacturing facility, we strive to build and expand our green legacy, providing you a wide range of eco-efficient products.
Looking for a great place to join and work alongside great people? If so, come for the challenge and stay for the growth at Dunn-Edwards!
Passionate about color and design, personable, creative, a team-player, inquisitive, go-getter, self-motivated, organized.... If these keywords describe you, the Professional Color Advisor position may be exactly what you are looking for!
Dunn-Edwards Paints prides itself on manufacturing and distributing high-quality products, providing first-class service from proud, knowledgeable employees, and a commitment to our environment. We are well known as the professional's first choice for their coatings needs.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the direct supervision of the Store Management team, the Professional Color Advisor, known in the industry as a Color Consultant, is our go-to expert for assisting with designing color schemes and palettes for homeowners. In addition, our Professional Color Advisors are responsible for providing superior customer service.
We only hire Interior Design graduates or students currently enrolled in a degree program, so that our customers are assured they’re receiving professional advice from someone who can speak specifically to the elements and principles of design.
This is an in-store role with the opportunity to participate in community events and tradeshows.
Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays outstanding phone and email etiquette always
- Must be professional and have a positive attitude at all times
- Making a connection with customers and giving educated advice based on information gained from conversations with the customer
- Attends training classes and monthly store meetings to discuss matters of improving Color Advisor department operations
- Learn and utilize Dunn-Edwards sales aids such as: Specification Guide, Dunn-Edwards Perfect Palette Color System, computer renderings using Adobe Photoshop Software, Product Information Sheets, and Safety Data Sheets
- Must have the ability to understand different lighting sources and how they relate to change in color
- Develop product knowledge by utilizing corporate training tools, pamphlets and attending training classes to communicate effectively to the customer
- Must be in-view and readily available to assist customers on the sales floor
- Must be capable and willing of performing specifically assigned job duties at, or below current classification including: processing orders over telephone and in-person, operating cash register and carrying out paint to customer vehicle
- Consistently participates in store maintenance and store housekeeping
- Must be able to offer feedback to management regarding Color Advisor issues, customer service issues, and offer suggestions on training needs for store employees
- Responsible for keeping appointment schedules and logs pertaining to in-store consultations and must inform their direct manager or supervisor of all scheduled appointments and rendering responsibilities to ensure proper coverage
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multi-task in a retail setting and meet deadlines when necessary
- Ability to legally drive own vehicle to assigned business units and various meetings and events
There are no employees who report directly to this job.
Part of the job is training store sales associates to assist in color design, recommendations, and techniques.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ability to read and interpret professional publications
- Must have ability to produce reports and business correspondence
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questionsfrom individuals and groups
- Bilingual is a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Interior Design degree or currently enrolled in a degree program is required.
- Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, 401K program (benefits vary for PT employees).
Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.