Join our team! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Property and Casualty specializes in four major types of insurance: Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Condominium, Renter's and Flood. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.FAPCIG.com
The Underwriter, P&C Insurance is responsible for making and implementing underwriting decisions on new business, renewals and endorsements, handling underwriting referrals and other miscellaneous risk reviews for assigned territory. Review risks to identify loss hazards, proper coverage valuations and policy rating. Collaborate with Marketing, and other internal team members, to develop solid relationships with allocated agencies to retain and solicit profitable new business accounts.
- Review risks to identify loss hazards, proper coverage valuations and policy rating.
- Collaborate with Marketing, and other internal team members, to develop solid relationships with allocated agencies to retain and solicit profitable new business accounts.
- Accepts, modifies or rejects risks based upon business review, and in accordance with established company forms, rules, performance standards and state regulatory guidelines.
- Develops collaborative working relationships and provides communication and service that is cordial, professional and expert.
- Effectively communicates decisions, and promptly resolves agent and/or customer concerns.
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of directly related industry experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of personal lines products, systems, processes and underwriting principles.
- Self-motivated with positive attitude, strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication abilities.
- Established aptitude for time management, work-planning and problem-solving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Some industry coursework preferred.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.