Position: MI Specialist
Location: Santa Ana, CA
The Mortgage Insurance Specialist ensures timely and accurate payments of Hazard, Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), and Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) insurance. Facilitates the disbursement and maintenance of hazard insurance claims. Ensures all optional insurance premiums are remitted to carriers in a timely manner. Receives and responds to both internal and external customers via telephone or written correspondence in a timely and professional manner. Researches assigned tasks in addition to exception items from various sources.
- Identify and resolve mortgage insurance and escrow exceptions.
- Process disbursements on or before the renewal/due/penalty date.
- Research and resolve mortgage insurance issues.
- Maintain payee headers.
- Work with vendors to monitor escrow and non-escrow loans.
- Prepare exception reports and resolve exception items.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of mortgage insurance payments.
- Maintain consistent attendance record to ensure fulfillment of essential functions.
- Perform all duties in accordance with New American Funding policies and procedures, investor requirements, and all state and federal regulations.
- Display professional customer service skills, creating an acceptable level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer service to payees, investors and borrowers concerning mortgage insurance status.
- Identify trends affecting efficiency, quality, and accuracy of escrow administration processes and recommend action plans to improve future performance.
- Communicate with vendors regarding exceptions to identify and resolve issues and trends.
- Identify potential issues or concerns and participate in a solution, including recommending and developing new policies and procedures.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and seasonal projects, such as year-end reporting or acquisitions.
- Perform other duties as requested by Post Closing Manager
- 2 or more years' experience working in post-closing or loan servicing or mortgage insurance
- Working knowledge of conventional and government residential mortgage loans, and investor guidelines.
- Encompass 360 experience
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Prior experience and proficiency with Loan Origination Systems and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- 2 years' prior residential post-closing or loan servicing.
- High School diploma or GED.
Work Authorization:Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]