Cloud Nerd, a leading Salesforce Consultancy firm, is looking for an experienced Salesforce Technical Architect to join our amazing project delivery team. This position will work with a one of our largest clients in the Santa Ana, CA area, to help them design custom technical solutions for their organization. This includes a lead role in project discovery and definition workshops, creating scope and development estimates, and documenting requirements and designs. This Architect must have strong knowledge of deployments and the deployment methodology
- Design transformational technical solutions that meet business requirements in accordance with company and industry best practices
- Collaborate with Functional team to determine how best to implement solution (decisions around declarative vs programmatic vs AppExchange, etc).
- Escalation Point for technical issues.
- Solution components that are outside of the Salesforce platform:
- Work closely with Clients (Delivery Managers and Functional Solution Architects) and Partners to clarify, define and architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Occasionally required to be hands on with code, to develop POCs or help customers and partners with complex coding tasks
- Sales Support: Help scope, solution, and estimate sales opportunities alongside a delivery lead. Assist in SOW creation, etc.
- Lead and mentor technical resources at Clients and or Partners.
- Fulfills commitments consistently on-time and proactively escalates commitments that are in jeopardy
- Oversee technical decisions and activities of project teams including dividing up work, assigning to team members, and monitoring for quality.
- Understand platform limitations and design alternatives to work around limitations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, and/or a related field plus five years of experience with Salesforce development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong background in Cloud Computing solutions – cloud computing strategy, systems design, implementation and management.
- 8+ years project experience in a hands-on technical leadership position
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce in a development or configuration capacity
- Strong experience with Data Migrations
- Strong working experience with CPQ
- Consulting experience with medium to large consulting firms focusing on cloud computing related consulting (storage, SaaS, multi-tenant computing, large scale computing environments, etc)
- Knowledge of Salesforce Best Practices using Apex and Visualforce
- One or more current Salesforce certifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of XML, SQL, HTTP/HTTPS, and EAI processes.
- Familiarity with multiple implementation standards and methodologies.
- Programming Languages – APEX, VisualForce, Familiarity with ANT and Eclipse tools for working with the IDE.
- Very strong work ethic with a customer service focus (high intensity).