Requisition Number: PORTE04105
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the
Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Under the Supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Porter supports maintenance, landscape, and management efforts to maintain the community in a clean and orderly condition. Responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness, physical appearance, and curb appeal of the community in line with the established standards including the grounds, building exteriors, breezeways, leasing office, pools, amenities and other common areas. The Porter may also assist in the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in by new residents. The selected candidate will also be responsible for the overall property in order to assist the leasing staff in achieving the overall occupancy goals, and assisting in resident retention by providing a quality living experience for the residents.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Consistently maintains a clean and attractive environment around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool, laundry rooms, mailrooms, and all common areas.
- Pick up trash on the property and in common areas, which includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs, trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Ensure compactor/dumpster areas, trash receptacles are emptied and clean.
- Use power blower and pressure washer to clean breezeways, steps, sidewalk, pool area, and any other common areas.
- Walk the property several times a day and picks up new debris, including pet waste. Ensure pet stations are stocked and emptied at all times.
- Prepare the model and tour route on a daily basis to ensure quality presentation of the unit, property and surrounding areas.
- Maintain the property’s flowerbeds, plants, and grass area, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance (including pool furniture), and snow removal.
- Maintain clean doors and light fixtures throughout property, as directed.
- Participate in monitoring and replacement of common area lighting weekly. Reporting any concerns to Maintenance Manager.
- Report to Maintenance Manager any inoperable vehicles on property.
- Communicate with Maintenance Manager regarding the status of work and any potential issues, reporting anything that may be a potential liability.
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies.
- Present a professional, efficient attitude in remedying and resident complaint to ensure resident satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Assist in trashing out vacant apartments and light cleaning prior to move in.
- Comply with GK’s key control policy by ensuring all keys must be secured and no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK Management.
- Perform some common area painting.
- Ensure adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, notifying supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Assists office staff, as needed, with posting notices on resident doors.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Materials and Equipment
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers, visitors, and residents
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work weekends or as needed
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language proficiently
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Knowledge of and ability to use grounds tools and equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.