JMAC Lending is GROWING!!!! <<<<>>>>
Location: Santa Ana, CA
The Opportunity: (NON- REMOTE)
JMAC Lending has had achieve success for the past 20 years. We’ve been helping our clients build businesses and providing our clients with the perfect lending platforms. JMAC Lending has funded more than $20 billion in mortgage loans. We have a full suite of innovative loan products, cutting edge technology, and superior client service and we’re committed to success. JMAC is an approved agency Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae products.
The front line underwriter will analyze and evaluate residential loan applications in accordance with investor, agency and internal guidelines. Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness to ensure loans meet eligibility requirements and to mitigate risk or loss to the company. Work closely with all channels (including wholesale, correspondent and retail) Account Executives and Operations staff. Provide outstanding levels of customer service through great communication and close attention to detail. If you take pride in your work and love the mortgage industry, please come and be part of the JMAC family. Apply today.
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze all loan documents, which may include but not limited to the following: AUS decision report, credit report, all sources of income including complex personal and business returns, assets, preliminary title report, appraisal, purchase agreement, escrow instructions, occupancy verification, red flags and fraud check.
- Extensive knowledge of complex tax returns including multiple businesses and multiple financed properties
- Able to handle multiple investors guidelines and knowledge of Appendix Q.
- Input data into DU/LP and run final AUS (if applicable).
- Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by management.
- Underwrite files and clear conditions on loans with attention to detail as well as with a sense of urgency for our customers.
- Input loan data and decisions accurately into current loan operating system.
- Examine transaction matrix, internal, and investor overlays to ensure compliance with investor guidelines.
- Implement and enforce fraud detection techniques. Request supplemental information/documentation as necessity dictates. Recognize risk factors that may compromise overall quality of loan file.
- Aid in the resolution of any applicable pre-funding or post purchase loan deficiencies by assisting the post-closing department in curing any outstanding conditions or concerns.
- Effectively communicate orally and/or via email all loan decisions rendered on files in a professional and positive manner to maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Maintain consistent communication with brokers and sales staff to ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner while demonstrating outstanding level of customer service skills.
Professional Experience, Education, and Qualifications:
- Must have recent underwriting experience with all Conventional loans products for a minimum of 7 years and is current on all updated guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Non-QM & Jumbo mortgage loan experience is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task & handle multiple investors in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Extensive knowledge of all FNMA/FHLMC and investor guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, capable of expressing complex issues and soliciting input from a broad audience.
- Knowledge of current industry regulations (ATR, Appendix Q, etc.)
Perks with JMAC Lending:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision package.
- Company paid life and AD&A Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- PTO days in additional to 8 paid company holidays
- Game room, Starbucks daily, resting room, nursing room and many more treats through-out the month.
About JMAC Lending:
JMAC Lending has been in business for more than 20 years. Servicing clients better with our innovative products, exceptional service, support and our dedication to helping our partners grow our business. The core of our culture and business approach is to go Beyond Current market options to be the go-to lender of choice for our clients. Our associates hold distinguished credentials and participate in continuing education, to ensure knowledge is carefully balanced with experience. Our company was built on our adherence to the highest ethical standards, while efficiently and carefully executing the delivery of product pricing for wholesale and correspondent lending for our clients.
JMAC Lending, Inc. is an equal employment employer and committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
DISCLAIMER: JMAC Lending is an evolving company. As such this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.