The RN-Emergency Services provides direct and indirect patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Their duties also include:
- Completing a focused patient assessment with reassessments based on patients condition, procedures, medications given and treatments.
- Adequately assessing and reassessing pain.
- Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Performs patient care and communicates effectively with patients of all ages and specific needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and the patient’s clinical condition.
- Follows the 6 rights of medication administration to reduce the potential for medication errors.
- Assists physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Performs treatments and provides services to the level of licensure.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Educates patient and family on disease process.
Require Required Education:
Associate’s degree is required
Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Registered Nurse in North Carolina is required (or compact state)
American Heart Association BLS is required
Additional certifications are required by department
1 year of experience in a health care setting is preferred