The Baker Company, located in Sanford, ME, has led the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology for over 70 years. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join the Baker team and support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories.
The IT Manager is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions. This role will develop and execute the IT and security vision and strategy including defining objectives, leading the operational activities (security, policies, and risk assessment), and ensuring that performed tasks comply with company policies, best industry standards, and support organizational priorities. They will develop and manage the internal capabilities to ensure technology architecture aligns with strategic business initiatives. They will also collaborate cross-functionally with functional leaders and external vendors to achieve IT and organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap for IT including network infrastructure, computing hardware, business software, cyber and data security
- Lead, develop, implement, and manage the IT function including systems and processes to achieve the IT strategy
- Collaborates with the global Product Teams to define execution roadmaps converting strategic business outcomes into clear set of capabilities and features
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to the overall IT and company strategy
- Lead and develop IT financial budgets and forecasts to ensure IT projects are delivered on time and within budget; drive disciplined investment decisions, including return on investment analysis to help prioritize the projects
- Assess and manage outsourced service providers providing daily IT operations support to the business
- Oversee security awareness training programs for all employees, contractors, and approved system users, and establish metrics to measure the effectiveness of this security training program for different audiences
- Provide clear risk mitigating directives for projects with components in IT.
- Support an enterprise ERP across multiple business units by mapping out process changes, defining requirements and scope, and proactively communicating project to leader, stakeholders, technology groups and users.
- Implement ticket system for ERP requests, ensuring they are supported by a business case before requiring technical support
- Identify and lead the implementation teams associated with ERP initiatives, including software applications that integrate or interface with ERP (e.g., API and PDM products).
- Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for ERP activities
- Determine needed customizations for ERP Software
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization (three locations) to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Oversee IT staff, including training, evaluation, and guidance.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department to ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall company goals and objectives
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative.
- Handle business critical IT tasks and system administration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Ensure best in class IT service delivery
- Evaluate business needs and alignment of work environment for process improvements and implement accordingly.
- Manage third party service providers to meet and exceed commitments. Leverage external partners to enhance effectiveness.
- Review, develop/improve, and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery,
- Negotiate and administer vendor contracts and service agreements.
- Maintain close relationships with the business partners to understand, prioritize and provide solutions to the business.
- Direct supervision of assigned employees including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reinforce associate’s awareness of keeping the customer’s end use and needs in mind with every task they do.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Manager annual budget
- Meet deadlines
- Define 5-year IT strategy
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to lift to 25 lbs. (periodically)
- BS in Computer Science or related studies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of increasingly responsible experience in analyzing, implementing, and supporting ERP Application Systems – expertise in Manufacturing
- Experience and understanding of ERP systems required – Epicor experience a plus
- Knowledge of database structures, .NET tools (C#) and various levels of coding as well as experience developing reports and queries in an integrated database environment.
- Experience with Epicor Configurators & Dashboards, Crystal Reports, SSRS, SQL Server, ODBC, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access and SharePoint is not required, but highly desired.
- Exceptional understanding of computer systems, security, network and system administration, databases, data storage and telecommunication systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Substantial experience and expertise in project management with a proven record to plan, execute and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Experience and understanding of selection, deployment, and management of business tools such as ERP, CRM, and other systems
- Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- And More!
Sponsorship is not offered.