Fabrication Machine Operator
Do you want to help construct products that make a positive difference in the world? In this role, you will run machines to create sheet metal parts used in the construction of Baker safety cabinets. The Baker Company, located in Sanford, ME, has led the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology for over 70 years. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join the Baker team and support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 Sign-On Bonus with this position!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, interpret, and follow job tags, work instructions and blueprints.
- Follow and maintain 5s and TPM schedules.
- Set up required equipment (Laser, Punch, Brake). Select proper tooling and proper sheet stock using work instructions.
- Operate various types of press brakes and punch machines.
- Maintain machine with regular maintenance - including cleaning, greasing and fluid levels. Report any issues to team leader or supervisor.
- Basic mechanical skills using hand tools, power tools, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Measure, inspect and set up tolerances using calipers and measuring equipment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Right the first time
- Support on-time delivery
- Meet daily production standards
- Works safely
- Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. frequently, up to 50 lbs. periodically
- Must be able to assist others in 2 person lifting, requirements up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to stand, stoop, crawl, climb or bend for up to 8 hours
- Able to crawl, climb and work in and around mechanical equipment.
- Mechanical skills
- Basic computer and math skills needed.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Company Paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials for 2nd & 3rd Shift Positions
- And More!
The Baker Company is taking every precaution to keep you safe while at work. Protective equipment is provided, and you will have an individual work station.
- 1st Shift = 6:50am-3:10pm
- 2nd Shift = 3:00pm-11:00pm
- 3rd Shift = 11:00pm-7:00am