Waste Industry - Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager- Central Florida
Req Number: 21970
Waste Pro of Florida
Hiring an Experienced Fleet Maintenanace Manager to lead our Central Florida locations- Orlando, Sanford, Daytona Beach , Lake County and Ocala ,Florida . Join an Amzing Team !!
The Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager plans, organizes and supervises the regional maintenance function and management team. This management position has responsibility for overall fleet/equipment support and associated maintenance The Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager will work under the direction of the Regional Vice President, Vice President of Fleet Maintenance and in partnership with Regional and Divisional Management teams to ensure overall fleet condition, equipment reliability, safety, and cost-effective fleet performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages Waste industry fleet of vehicles and equipment including but not limited to: Class 5-8 trucks with mounted equipment, offroad support equipment and supervisory vehicles.
- Follows all Federal, State, local and company regulations for safety and environmental compliance, Implementation and successful utilization of the companies proactive, preventive maintenance process and procedures, full utilization of purchasing programs, electronic maintenance tracking software.
- Supports the input of the annual operating budget development, support of the annual capital budget planning process. Manages Regional maintenance budgets.
- Provides Leadership in Coaching, training of Fleet Managers and supervisors
- Manages and follows-up on technician development programs and training
- Supports daily operational needs of each business unit within the region.
- Manages an ongoing preventive/corrective regional maintenance program which sets the standard for service excellence.
- Manages Dossier efficiencies to include inventory control, goals for improved performance, monitoring, measuring, and reporting.
- Administer and monitor regional adherence to federal and state programs and oversees maintenance in accordance with EPA and other mandatory regulations.
- Verifies implementations of required DOT, OSHA, EPA regulations and monitors conformance as required on an ongoing basis. Coordinate efforts with local Safety, Corporate Safety and Divisional Maintenance Manager.
- Manages Fleet inventory/condition reporting, including out of service listing, matched to asset list
- Responsible for implementation/monitoring of all fleet maintenance activities (e.g. Pre/Post pre-trip, safety lane, warranty recovery, tire standards, oil/lubricants, major component failure, and all new initiatives)
- Facilitates the movement of equipment between divisions ensuring proper inspections and delivery of equipment in ready condition.
- Analyze service issues related to fleet maintenance and performs root cause analysis, recommends remediation methodologies, and escalates as needed to address issues.
- Creates useful metrics and performance (on-line/off-line) diagnostic reporting tools (e.g., machinery dynamics) to support fleet quality trending and fleet maintenance performance
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of progressive hands-on experience in fleet management and a track record of successful fleet management in the Waste and Recycling industry or equivalent industrial fleets such as large-scale farming, timber harvesting or the concrete industry. Preferably with 5+ years of experience overseeing multiple sites while working with local Division Management and Fleet Managers in their responsibilities for daily management of operations and maintenance in the industry
- Solid project management, resource planning, oral and written communication skills.
- Specialized understanding of maintenance procedures and general knowledge of industry regulations (e.g., EPA, DOT, OSHA).
- High School diploma is required.
- Ability to manage complex and dynamic situations requiring a well-developed sense of strategic and tactical priorities.
- High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
- Skilled in planning, implementing goals required in the cost-effective management of allocated resources with the ability to budget and apply of accounting principals
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to produce accurate and consistent work quality.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and maintenance software programs (e.g. Dossier, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in researching, interpreting, data management, and report generation
- Will bring an overall record of success this is reflected in professional, personal, and academic accomplishments
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid Driver's License; CDL preferred
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, reaching etc.);
- May on occasion be required to exert physical effort involving lifting/moving objects that may weigh 20 pounds, stooping, reaching, carrying and pushing.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, bruises, exposure to machinery/heavy equipment, etc.);
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
- Normal setting for this job is carried out in office, field, and maintenance facilities.