Driver Trainee with CDL Permit
Req Number: 20890
Waste Pro of Florida
This is an outstanding career opportunity to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License while working for Waste Pro. While training this position is responsible for assisting the refuse truck driver on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling. After passing test and obtaining CDL employee will be transferred to a driving position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Picks up solid waste and places it in the back of a rear load garbage truck on specified routes often done manually or by pushing toter to tipper. Lifts and carries trash bags, bulk items and containers to the truck for disposal. Climbs onto and off of the rear truck step to load refuse, waste and carts. Operates packing mechanism to compact waste into the truck.
- Assists Driver in safely backing up the truck by directing the Driver from the ground.
- Cleans behind the compactor blade with shovel and hoe when directed. Sprays and cleans the hopper and truck at the end of each shift or as needed.
- Reports any safety or customer service related issues to driver and supervisor, immediately.
- Assists other routes as needed to complete daily work.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Provides a safe and Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
- Ensures garbage and recyclables at residences are picked up and transferred properly; pick up may require using back door.
- Answers questions for residents and directs them to contact Customer Service or appropriate government office for additional information.
- Must comply with all ANSI (American National Standards Institute), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and company safety polices including Waste Pro Absolute Guidelines
- Performs a variety of manual duties in the clean-up of scattered refuse; Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills and ensures customers containers are replaced properly.
- May be required to work during emergency situations.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver's license and CDL Permit for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
- See in the normal visual range with or without correction
- Exhibit normal range of body motion
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Maintain written records and service responses.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.