Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Archery Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of archery bows to meet the service requests of the customer. This position will represent Scheels as a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable professional to all customers and fellow associates.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you“
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Carefully follow instructions per specific requests of the customer, while maintaining safety requirements
- Service bows including:
- Setting up bows with accessories
- Tuning Bows
- Repair of bows
- Stringing bows
- Communicate process of repair and suggestions for ongoing maintenance
- Promote the Scheels Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly explain all benefits
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space, archery bench, back stock space and surrounding areas
- Attend sales and product knowledge training meetings when required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to do basic math, and perform operations using units of measurement, currency, and understanding of percentages
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends (including both Saturdays and Sundays), and holidays
- Other duties that may be assigned by leadership
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or 3 months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is (20) hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.