Lead Release Train Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA office.
The Lead Release Train Engineer (RTE) has primary purpose of supporting an Agile Release Train (ART) by steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in large environments. The RTE helps resolve and escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement. The RTE is accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals.
● Oversees large release train(s) (grouping of agile teams) that are of strategic importance to our business, and that have complex scope and inter-dependencies.
● Facilitates the coordinated preparation of planning for the release train, including communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
● Facilitates breakdown of work into epics and features across the ART working with Product, Architecture, Engineering, and UX
● Actively manages the backlog and facilitates continuous planning across the ART and delivery teams to ensure execution against the ART’s roadmap
● Manages cross team dependencies
● Actively manages the Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool ensuring data integrity for accurate reporting. This includes the collection of metrics and KPI’s.
● Coordinate major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams, release trains, or solution groups are involved in development
● Raise risks / issues and remove blockers from delivery teams
● Leverages agile delivery metrics and regular agile ceremonies to identify and drive continuous improvement, in order to maximize organizational performance and execution against the backlog
● Regularly participates in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices. Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
● Applies agile principles and methodology solutions with a pragmatic, stakeholder management approach
● Coaches team on agile and lean practices
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years’ experience OR MS w/ 2+ years’ experience OR 9 years’ experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 7+ years of experience as RTE, Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
- Servant leader
- System thinker
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Communicate in an open, honest, and direct manner
- Ability to persuade by influence
- Understand and empathize with others
- Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence peers and stakeholders
- Experience using ALM tools preferred; Rally experience is a plus (1-3yrs)
- Experience leveraging and interpreting agile metrics is preferred (3-5year)
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large planning and solutioning sessions
- Understanding of agile at scale philosophies & methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, or Agile at scale practices is preferred
- Advanced degree in industry related subject
- Agile Certification (CSM, PSM, or PMI-ACP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- SAFe Agilist (SA) or other SAFe certifications preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.