- Provides excellent customer service by providing immediate acknowledgement, identifying and offering products and services, and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Develops relationships by consulting with customers,
- Delivers and packages detailed clerical support for deposit and consumer loan accounts, business accounts, collections and wires, safe deposit contracts, pay and receive transactions.
- Able to back up Client Service Specialist line (all Client Service Specialist duties)
- Stay current and demonstrate knowledge on products and procedures
- Resolves customer issues and requests
- Demonstrates proficiency with basic business, consumer and trust entities
- Proficient in offering solutions and exceeding customer expectations.
- Learning consumer lending
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School GED or equivalent
- 1+ year’s customer service/personal banking experience.
- Bilingual preferred
- NMLS Certification preferred
- Knowledge of products and services offered and referrals to business partners.
- Begins to mentor other team members about products, services and business partners.
- Ability to follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Cash handling, balancing and calculating skills
- Ability to complete multiple and varying customer requests in a timely fashion
- Supports branch goal focusing on identifying and referring a wide range of bank products and services to the appropriate business partners
- Proficient in expanding the customer relationship with emphasis on creating new relationships and expanding existing relationships utilizing a personal and business bio and rapport with customers
- Supports branch goals with revenue building activities
- Beginning to back up Assistant Manager with operational duties and tasks.
- Familiar with state laws regarding products and services (look at specific training tracks)
- Working towards or holds NMLS certification
- Has in-depth knowledge of consumer loan products
- Developing consumer lending skills
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions