Assistant Manager - Little Caesars
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Manager (AM) supports the General Manager in ensuring delivery on the Customer Promise through managing the daily operations of a single unit or multi-unit store. The CO helps manage financial controls, operations, people development, customer service and compliance across all shifts. The AM has full accountability for store operations in the absence of the General Manager or CO Manager. AM supports the General Manager for ensuring desired store outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability, employee retention). AM should be able to work long and/or irregular hours, including extra shifts as needed, for proper functioning of the store.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES:
1. We Love What We Do: Directs efficient and accurate preparation of products for prompt customer delivery within the established 30 seconds or less guidelines.
- Provides production direction to crew in a clear, concise and positive way and coaches others to lead operations (Leads People and Influences Others)
- Sets an example for crew by working hard to implement shift SSP (Gets Results)
- Identifies and resolves bottlenecks in operations to improve our customer service promise 30 seconds or less (Solves Problems)
- Gets the right people involved to prevent and resolve store equipment problems (Solves Problems)
- Monitors VR/LCE operational programs, processes and metrics to identify store issues: Involves management team in resolving operational challenges (Shows Drive/Leads People/Solves Problems)
- Demonstrate patience and a positive attitude with management team and crew members while delegating tasks and giving production instructions (Influences Others)
2. We Live the HNR Promise: Motivates and directs crew members, Assistant Managers to do what it takes to exceed customer expectations with food and friendly service in clean surroundings.
- Makes a professional impression on customers and crew through positive and friendly attitude and proactive interaction to seek feedback on customer experience (Influences Others/Shows Drive)
- Works with crew to act on customer feedback and resolves customer complaints using remedy process in a timely, friendly and professional manner
- Directs crew to take pride in the details of delivering our Customer Promise and Brand Delivery Standards (Gets Results)
- Assists Operations Coach in identifying and implementing local strategies to market the store and promote store involvement in the community
3. We Win As A Team: Supervises and trains crew members, Assistant Managers on crew stations, LC/VR products, processes and policies and assists General Manager with recruiting, selecting and retaining effective crew talent.
- Delegates work to crew members in a way that encourages them to work together during shift to ensure store operates to LCE standards (Leads People)
- Coaches crew members on crew stations and making them feel their contributions are valuable (Leads People)
- Sets challenging goals for self and crew; provides timely performance feedback and ensures accountability (Shows Drive/Leads people)
- Coaches others on management team with knowledge of employment laws and policies and welcomes new responsibilities in building crew talent (Learns Quickly/Plays Many Roles)
- Assists with developing and implementing strategies to identify/hire/promote/orientate effective crew talent (Gets Results)
- Helps store management identify effective crew members who are “at-risk-of-departing” and takes appropriate action for retention (Influences Others)
4. We Act Like Owners: Assumes full responsibility for the store profit and loss management by implementing market strategies; following all cash control policies and procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, and applying financial reporting to enhance store results.
- Coaches team to effectively increase sales; upselling, focus on traffic/volume/tickets
- Optimizes profit and loss by ensuring proper scheduling and positioning of crew
- Seeks best practices from peers to optimize financial controls
- Removes performance barriers
5. Vibe Restaurants Compliance Ensuring compliance with government regulations, food safety, LCE/Vibe security policy, operations and LCE/Vibe policies and procedures relating to all activities across all shifts.
- Supervises crew members to maintain LCE store and equipment cleanliness and sanitation standards (Gets Results)
- Takes initiative to immediately act on violations of safety, sanitation or security policies by reporting violations to Operations Coach
- Motivates and educates crew members and other management to comply with loss control procedures and to maintain and safe and secure environment for employees and customers (Leads People)
- Shows Operations Coach that he/she can be relied upon to maintain compliance
- Participates in identifying compliance issues across shifts and corrects (Solves Problems)
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstration of leadership skills
- English language proficiency that enables speech expression clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension
- Proficient math skills
- Completed or willing to complete LCE/Vibe management certifications
- Completion or willing to complete Anti-Harassment training
- Reports to General Manager
- May be coached by CO Manager
- Supervises management and crew team members
- May be coached by Operations Coach
POTENTIAL CAREER PATH:
- Assists with new store openings, help with smooth store acquisitions
- Certified Training Store
- Greater responsibility at a higher volume or request to act upon fixing a troubled store
- General Manager