TYLI is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience in rail and transit projects. You will be responsible for providing leadership on large design-build pursuits and projects. You must be located in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area, CA or be willing to relocate. This position involves project management as well as experience in the preparation and specifications for the design, technical guidance, operations and maintenance of rail projects.
- Project/design management of transit design and program management projects. This includes oversight of all technical, financial, and administrative functions and responsibilities of a project.
- Coordinate advanced conceptual and preliminary engineering design or design review activities for alignments, guideways, stations, vehicles, systems, and other physical elements of projects including all civil, structural, traffic, and architectural elements (Activity to be supported by other technical staff).
- Manage subconsultants working in civil, structural, architectural, rail systems, and track disciplines.
- Manage projects through the planning and scheduling of work, as well as the review and approval of tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Lead development of production work plans, contract documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage project budgets and cash flow, through use of project controls tools and earned value analysis, working closely with internal financial staff to assure timely invoicing and collections
- Lead, assist with, or supervise preparation of monthly progress reports and invoice packages.
- Prepare comprehensive engineering reports, calculations, specifications, and drawings for rail/transit design projects.
- Review engineering information produced by internal and external teams to ensure the design meets the different technical requirements of the project.
- Oversee estimation of quantities for bidding phase of design-build projects; track quantity change through final design. Identify both schedule and quantities variances and develop recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist in value engineering, quality control, and constructability reviews.
- Oversee coordination with contractor client, owner, and local authorities having jurisdiction (cities, Caltrans, utilities).
- Work with both internal and external teams of experts and coordinate design activities between staff, external consultants, and clients.
- Ensure proper codes and standards are being used by engineers on projects.
- Provide staff with expert technical guidance and assistance on projects.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. Master's Degree preferred. California State PE license required (or the ability to obtain one within six months). 15 years of experience in one discipline of transit design (civil, structures, track). 10 years of progressive experience managing large multi-discipline projects. Design-build or alternate delivery project experience on large projects. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Problem solving skills. Strong organizational skills.