Project Manager (Healthcare Innovations)
Project Manager - Healthcare Innovations
Under the leadership of Healthcare Innovations Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for providing project management leadership in the planning, execution, and delivery of business-critical projects, programs and related business and technology activities utilizing project management best practices, methodologies and tools to achieve targeted business outcomes. The Project Manager will work closely with a broad cross-section of business, clinical, and IT teams and stakeholders both internal and external to define, manage, and deliver enterprise-wide projects to create value for the company, its customers, and its partners.
The Project Manager may be assigned to cross-functional projects or to projects where initial requirements are not well understood. The Project Manager works effectively across all functional areas of the organization as well as with key business partners to define and manage the execution of all qualifying projects. The Project Manager will need to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, understanding business and IT needs and opportunities, and formulating creative options for solutions. Key expectations include:
- understanding and maintaining the connection between project delivery efforts and business outcomes
- planning and tracking project tasks and milestones
- proactively synthesizing disparate information to identify and communicate risks and issues in a timely manner
- actively managing within defined project parameters
- working in a highly-matrixed environment with multiple partner organizations and project resources
- Working with stakeholders from all organizations involved to clarify project goals and objectives, scope, expected outcomes and resource needs and translate to detailed project plans. This will include gathering and understanding the business requirements to support efficient and effective decision making on project scope and associated investment.
- Manage project scope and ensure project tasks/deliverables are completed according to specifications and on time; identify and communicate issues to management and sponsors in a timely manner; proactively manage changes in scope through formal change control methods.
- Proactively identify project risks and work with stakeholders to mitigate to ensure achievement of business objectives and priorities;
- Conducts regular project team meetings and produces timely project artifacts (i.e., project charter, project plan schedule, team action items, team risks/issues log, team status reporting, etc.)
- Identify and manage key project success criteria/metrics across departments to accurately report project performance
- Develop and maintain a repository for all project-related communications including work products, tracking logs, and reporting tools to communicate status and deliverables
- Demonstrates strong project/program management skills, leadership attributes (strategic thinking, ability to drive business change, sharing of organizational goals, leading multidisciplinary groups).
- Minimum 6 years of industry experience leading projects with internal and external stakeholders
- 3 years of experience managing external client relationships (e.g., sponsors, stakeholders, business partner, vendors, etc.)
- Experience working with cross functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable goals
- Expert group facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across diverse teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness with written and oral communications
- Agile and adaptable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Field, Health Administration, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
- Master’s Degree
- Highly developed “soft skills” – people oriented extrovert
- Experience in consultative role
- Project Management Institute PMP Certification
- Direct experience with change management methodology, communication strategy and training methodology
- Process improvement using formal methodology (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
Hill Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please see www.hillphysicians.com/careers and be sure to visit us www.instagram.com/people_make_primed/ to experience our culture!!