* Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
* Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the client's system architecture standards.
* Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
* Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
* Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
* Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
* Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
* Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition.
* Reviews, drafts, and outlines simple systems specifications, screen designs, and reports from which programs will be written and that fit with the client's system architecture standards.
* May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing. *May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
* Ensures compliance to processes or procedures related to supported systems.
* Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
* Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
* Strong knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
* Strong knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
* 8-10 years experience required.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.