We're looking for a technical writer to join our team at eMeter/Siemens to develop documentation for our enterprise grid application platform and analytics applications. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience writing product documentation for complex, enterprise software applications for a wide range of audiences.
What You'll Do:
- Define, create, maintain, and deliver high-quality documentation that empowers our customers and partners to implement, extend, and use eMeter/Siemens enterprise business applications
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, solution consultants, and other writers to transform technical and functional information
- Contribute to defining the documentation strategy for an evolving product landscape. Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach writers and non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
Who You Are:
- Write clear, accurate, and complete technical content with ease and grasp technical material quickly
- Understand the documentation needs of developers, administrators, system integrators, and data analysts
- Enjoy working in a variety of environments, whether individually or as part of a team, face-to-face or remotely, in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to take ownership and define work with little direction
- Possess superior native-level written and verbal communication skills in English
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Communication, English, or related field
- 12+ years of professional technical writing experience
- 5+ years documenting complex enterprise software products for a technical or developer audience.
- Experience writing API documentation
- Experience as a system administrator, support engineer, systems integrator, or developer
- Previous experience in Smart Grid, MDM (Meter Data Management), or energy domain
- Experience writing documentation for applications that are implemented as microservices
Submission of writing samples is required to be considered for this position.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.