Quality Assurance is a statement of value that reflects our commitment to our end-user experience. At Orro, we are seeking an expert Quality Assurance engineer (White/Grey/Black box) to lead the testing across our application stack. Your area of expertise and past-experiences make you a go-to person the organization can lean on for building a test-oriented culture, formulating test strategies, designing test cases and creating automated test scripts for testing new and existing features throughout development phases.
You bring a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and experience with a variety of testing techniques. You will be the initial owner tasked with building the foundation for a cross-functional QA team and will be responsible for regularly qualifying and reporting status of product features and risks across Android, iOS, backend, and firmware platforms.
- Own the software & firmware QA process definition for a consumer smart home device including automated and manual testing
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to find undocumented edge-cases, ensure adequate test coverage of release products, and troubleshoot issues down to the root cause
- Create & maintain Product acceptance test plans, test reports and proactively present latest quality status reports and risk mitigation plans with stake holders.
- Perform regular testing of software (Android/iOS/Backend) and firmware (ARM/PIC)
- Define and conduct qualification procedures to facilitate continuous delivery of core components, services and system across environments (Dev, QA, Staging, Production). Prepare and maintain release notes and train field support teams and partner teams with new features of incremental releases.
- Maintain internal test hardware across the organization
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent experience) 6+ years of experience as a QA engineer, developing and executing QA strategies and test plans for shipped consumer products at scale
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and the role of QA within these processes
- Experience working with different protocols and integrations across stack such as I2C, SPI, WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, TCP/IP, Alexa, Google Assistant, HomeKit
- Experience working with Android development tools adb and fastboot
- Experience with tools / frameworks: Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, TestRail, Appium, Selenium, Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- Experience leading and growing QA teams for consumer electronics products
- Basic hardware debugging experience using an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter
- Personal experience with home automation products and/or technical hobby projects
Light is one of the most important pieces of one’s life. It literally defines every waking moment. We fundamentally believe with better light comes better lives, and we strive to create new health and wellness devices that will change the way people experience their spaces.
Orro was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing lighting into the modern era. The company has offices in San Mateo, California and Austin, Texas.